In a Reggio Emilia inspired environment:
- See the children as strong, capable, competent, creative and curious.
- Are interested in and listen deeply to what the children have to say/are communicating.
- Believe children bring valuable experiences, theories, knowledge, skills and questions to school with them.
- Are committed to sharing the children’s learning with parents and the community.
- Place importance on understanding the children’s process of constructing knowledge.
- Are seen as individuals within a group.
- Are encouraged to share their experiences, ideas, theories, curiosities.
- Are encouraged to explore their ideas and theories with other children.
- Are encouraged to ask questions at any time and be encouraged to explore and express their ideas and theories in many ways.
- Are given time to explore ideas and theories, and develop skills, free of time limits.
- Shows that children are valuable and respected.
- Are valued by the centre/school as members of a learning community
- Are encouraged to question, experience, contribute and embrace the learning taking place at the centre/school.
- Are encouraged to share skills and knowledge with the learning community.
- Are encouraged to celebrate the learning of the children with the entire community.
- Recognise that there are many ways of thinking, knowing, understanding, expressing and being.
- Are passionate about children and their learning.