- Families wishing to use the Centre are advised to phone or call in to discuss their needs with the Administrator and to complete an enrolment form requesting care. Families will be notified when a position becomes available.
- Regulations require that each child has a completed enrolment form before being left in care.
- Immunisation records must be completed and updated as necessary. Child Health books must be sighted by child care staff.
- All changes to enrolment details must be updated as they occur.
- Enrolments are rolled over to the subsequent year unless changes are requested. Forms must be completed for each new year your child attends DPS Care.
- Admissions will be determined based on the Commonwealth Priority of Access Guidelines.
- First Priority: A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- Second Priority: A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Act.
- Third Priority: Any other child.
Within these main categories, priority should also be given to the following children:
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Children in families which include a disabled person
- Children in families on low incomes
- Children in families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Children in isolated families; and
- Children of single parents
A child care service may require a Priority 3 child to vacate a place to make room for a child with a higher priority. We can only do so when parents are notified when the child first enters care that our service follows this policy and are given at least 14 days notice of the need for your child to vacate.